Urgent Dental Care
Accidents happen! So do other dental emergencies like toothaches and infections. When you have an urgent dental problem, Premier Dental of Ohio is here for you with urgent dental care.
What to Do if You Have an Injury to Your Teeth
Call your nearest Premier Dental of Ohio location as soon as possible. Any injury to the teeth should be assessed right away.
- If a tooth is chipped or knocked out, find and bring any tooth pieces with you to the dentist.
- If the injury moved the tooth, gently try to move it back to its correct position with your fingers.
- If you are bleeding, put pressure on the cut with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- If you need to rinse your mouth, use warm salt water and swish very gently. No alcohol-based mouth rinses or vigorous swishing!
Most injuries occur to the front teeth, and most are minor. All injuries to the teeth need an x-ray to rule out fractures in the tooth roots or jawbone. This is why getting in to see the dentist ASAP is so important.
What to Do if You Have a Toothache or Infection
It is impossible to predict when a toothache will flare up. There are warning signs, but they are often ignored when you are busy. Please call at the first sign of a problem. This allows us to help you in the best way possible.
- If you are experiencing severe pain, you can take an over-the-counter pain reliever such as Advil or Tylenol.
- If you have swelling inside your mouth or in your face, we need to see you as soon as the swelling appears. Infections can progress rapidly, and starting a prescription of antibiotics as soon as possible is essential.
How Does Premier Dental of Ohio Provide Urgent Dental Care?
We have an on-call emergency dentist available at all times. We also offer early morning and late evening appointments across fourteen different locations in Central and Southwestern Ohio.
Do You Have an Urgent Dental Problem?
Call Premier Dental of Ohio now to schedule an appointment with the nearest available dentist!