Quality dental services compatible with your schedule and budget
What is a dental veneer?
Dental veneers are thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth, providing a natural, attractive look. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth. Veneers can quickly produce a stunning change in your smile!
Veneers are not permanent, generally lasting 5 to 10 years before needing to be replaced. They are very durable, however, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting smile.
When are veneers desirable?
- When you want to improve the look of your teeth – their shape, uniformity, and color
- For crooked or misshapen teeth
- If you have badly discolored or stained teeth
- If some or all of your teeth are too small or too large
- When there are undesirable or uneven spaces between teeth
- If you have a chipped tooth
- For worn-down teeth, which are sometimes caused by teeth grinding, or bruxism
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- They offer an immediate result with aesthetic appeal.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
How are dental veneers placed?
The dentist removes a small amount of the tooth surface to allow the placement of the veneer. An impression is taken of the tooth and sent to our dental laboratory. The dental veneer is then custom made to fit the tooth and mouth. The veneer is bonded to the tooth with resin cement.
Do dental veneers require special care?
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing and flossing as you normally would. Even though porcelain veneers resist stains, your dentist may recommend you avoid stain-causing foods and beverages (for example, coffee, tea, or red wine.)