Identafi Advanced Oral Cancer Screening
We take the fight against oral cancer seriously; we’ve invested in the leading non-invasive, multi-spectural oral cancer detection technology, Identafi (Select locations only). Early detection plays a vital role in cancer treatment and outcomes. The Identafi device works by shining Multi-Spectral Fluorescence (light) technology around the mouth, causing cancerous and pre-cancerous cells to present themselves by reflecting the light differently than healthy cells. Without this technology, it would be very easy to miss cancerous cells conducting a standard screening.
The need for screening.
Oral cancer incidence has been growing at an alarming rate year over year. The primary drivers include tobacco & alcohol use and the pervasive presence of HPV (Human Papilomavirus), which can be transmitted to the mouth and throat. Consider these facts:
- Roughly 36,000 cases of oral cancer will be diagnosed this year. (American Cancer Society)
- 40% of those diagnosed will die within five years. (National Cancer Institute)
- The high oral cancer mortality rate is due to late-stage diagnosis. (Oral Cancer Foundation)
- Exposure to the HPV-16 virus is the fastest-growing risk factor for oral cancer. (Oral Cancer Foundation)
- Men above the age of 45 and elderly patients have the highest risk of developing oral cancer. (Oral Cancer Foundation)
- 90% of oral cancer occurs in patients 45 years or older, which encompasses “all” 84M Baby Boomers. (Oral Cancer Foundation)
Join us in the fight against oral cancer!
Premier Dental of Ohio is committed to the fight against oral cancer. Rather than charging for an advanced screening, we perform them for free on every patient. In return, we ask that you join us by making a small contribution of your choosing at the practice. We will add to your contributions and 100% of the funds will be donated to The James Comprehensive Cancer Center and The Joan Bisesi Fund for Head and Neck Oncology Research. Together our support can make a difference in the fight against cancer.