Premier Dental of Grove City, Ohio offers topical fluoride treatments for its patients to ensure happy, healthy mouths. To schedule an appointment for your fluoride treatment, contact us today or call (614) 871-0088.
What is fluoride?
- A mineral that occurs naturally in all water sources.
What are the core benefits of fluoride?
- Reduces cavities in children & adults.
- Helps repair early stages of tooth decay.
Fluoride is the best cavity fighter to keep your whole family’s teeth strong.
How does fluoride strengthen your teeth?
- Fluoride is absorbed into the enamel.
- Remineralization: Fluoride helps repair enamel by replenishing lost calcium and phosphorous.
Fluoride helps prevent cavities in two different ways:
- Fluoride concentrates in the growing bones and developing teeth of children, helping to harden the enamel on baby and adult teeth before they emerge.
- Fluoride absorption helps to harden the enamel on adult teeth that have already emerged at all ages.
Additional fluoride benefits
Fluoride is a key part of having a healthy mouth.
- Healthy teeth: prevent tooth decay.
- Repair erosion: from grinding or natural wearing down.
- Reduce sensitivity: fluoride helps reduce “sensitive teeth.”
- Safe: effective & safe way to remineralize teeth.
Who should receive topical fluoride treatments?
Most people! Here’s a sample of who should be getting treated:
- Children ages 2 to 16 years old
- Adults or children with gingivitis and gum disease
- People with braces
Premier Dental of Grove City, Ohio: providing topical fluoride treatments. Schedule your appointment today or call (614) 871-0088.