Premier Dental of Central Ohio offers porcelain veneers at its Grove City office. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, contact us or call (614) 871-0088.
What is a dental veneer?
- Thin shells of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to the front of the teeth.
- Natural-looking treatment to improve your smile.
- Dental veneers can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down or uneven teeth.
- Not permanent: veneers usually last 5 to 10 years before needing replaced.
What can dental veneers help treat?
- Misshapen teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth that are too small or too large
- Undesirable or uneven spacing
- Chipped teeth
- Worn-down teeth
Advantages of dental veneers
- Natural appearance: they look like real teeth and have aesthetic appeal.
- Variety of colors available to match your teeth.
- Conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers don’t require shaping like crowns do, and veneers are stronger.
Dental veneers procedure
First, the dentist removes a small amount of the tooth surface to allow the placement of the veneer. Then, an impression is taken and sent to the lab. All veneers are custom-made in the lab. After the veneer is created, it is bonded to the tooth with resin cement.
How do I care for dental veneers?
One of the best things about dental veneers is no special care is required! Just follow standard good oral hygiene practices: brushing and flossing. Your dentist may suggest avoiding stain-cuasing foods and beverages despite veneers being stain-resistant.
To schedule an appointment for dental veneers, or for more information, contact our Grove City office today, or call (614) 871-0088.