Dental crowns are a great way to improve your smile and boost your oral health. For more information, or to schedule your appointment, contact our Grove City office today by calling (614) 871-0088.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is very similar to what it sounds like: it is a tooth-shaped “cap” placed over a tooth, just as a crown would go on someone’s head. The purpose of a crown is to cover the tooth and restore its shape, size, strength and appearance. A crown will be cemented into place and cover the entire visible portion of a tooth.
For more information about Premier Dental of Grove City, Ohio’s dental crowns, please call 614-871-0088 or contact us.
Purpose of Dental Crowns
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic modification
Where Are Crowns Made?
We make some crowns in our offices. For others, we partner with Glidewell Laboratories in Newport Beach, California, a firm recognized for innovative dental technology, experienced R&D department and decades-long heritage of technological innovation.
All our crowns are:
- Made in America
- Created with the best materials
- Held to the highest quality standards
- Made with leading technology to ensure your comfort, function and aesthetic match
We stand behind the dental crowns we produce.
What are inlays and onlays?
Inlays and onlays are between a filling and a crown. Inlays sit down in the tooth between the cusps or “bumps” around the edges. Onlays are larger are wrapped around one or more of the cusps. Inlays and onlays can be made from gold, porcelain or other ceramic materials.
Advantages of inlays and onlays
- Superior durability compared to fillings.
- Preserves more of the natural tooth than a crown.
- Provides greater stability to the remaining tooth structure.
Premier Dental of Grove City, Ohio offers crowns, inlays and onlays to our patients. For more information, please schedule an appointment by calling 614-871-0088.