“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Dental Cleaning & Checkups
Regular checkups are a vital part of your oral health. Get your dental checkups and cleanings done at Premier Dental of Granville, Ohio. Contact us at (740) 587-4891 to schedule your appointment today.
Why do I need dental cleaning?
Make sure to keep up with your oral health by having your teeth cleaned and visiting the dentist every six months. During your appointment, you’ll have your mouth examined and checked for any problems developing or at risk of developing. Not all problems can be felt by the patient; regular checkups ensure these problems are spotted and treated.
Your hygienist and dentist will show you what they see by using small intra-oral cameras and digital x-rays so you see things firsthand and understand any need for treatment. Education leads to trust, and trust is essential for delivering the great care we aim to provide for our patients.
Has it been a while since you’ve seen the dentist? That’s okay. It’s never too late to get back on a regular oral health cycle.
Dental cleaning process
- You’ll get a chap stick to keep you moisturized during your cleaning.
- Make a music selection, then lay back, relax and enjoy your favorite music piped into the room.
- The hygienist will clean, chart and photograph your teeth. Visually sharing the findings with you throughout.
- The dental assistant will come in to take X-Rays and polish your teeth.
- The dentist will then review the hygiene notes, examine the mouth, perform an advanced cancer screening, share and discuss any need for treatment and answer patient questions.
- Children will receive balloons and prizes!
- You’ll receive your hygiene bag (brush, paste & floss) and schedule your next visit!
Importance of regular dental checkups
- Your mouth is the gateway to the body; keeping it healthy and clean is important to keeping many other body systems working properly.
- Without regular cleanings, plaque builds up and causes bad breath, cavities and gum disease. Gum disease is the second-most-common illness behind the common cold, but has the potential for tooth and bone loss. Regular checkups can stop gum disease before it starts.
- Visiting the dentist twice a year reduces the risk of decay by over 60%!
Who should never miss a cleaning and check up?
- Pregnant women.
- People who tend to get cavities or build up plaque.
- People with active gum disease (recession and bleeding of the gums.)
- People with reduced or compromised immune systems.
Advanced technology for the best quality of care!
- Identafi Advanced Oral Cancer Screening Device.
- Digital X-Rays that use almost 90% less radiation than traditional film X-Rays.
- Ultrasonic Scalers use a soft vibration to gently remove plaque while reducing time of cleaning and potential for gum irritation.
- Intra-Oral camera’s and LED monitors to visually verify needed care and build patient trust.
Premier Dental of Granville, Ohio offers regular dental cleaning and checkups. Schedule your appointment today by calling (740) 587-4891.